Don't stress-out on your most-special day; relax and use some tried-and-true tips to get through your wedding without stressing about every detail.
Some tips to reduce stress and strife on your wedding day are:
1. Have the booze delivered. Arrange for your liquor to be delivered to your venue through a place like Liquor Boy so you are not racing around, trying to make time to pick up your bar-supplies. Most liquor stores will offer delivery within a certain proximity, so check with your favorite vendor.
2. Help guests park their cars. Enlist a friend or family member to help park-cars, kind-of a pseudo-valet service. This will make it simpler to get everyone's vehicle parked, and less-stressful for those that don't know where to park during your wedding.
3. Time your event well. Plan on a wedding-time that falls between meals; this means you can literally get away with serving appetizers and drinks, rather than a sit-down dinner or pricey buffet.
4. Entertain the troops. Plan something fun for the kids to do during your after-party or reception; many younger guests will become bored during these traditional festivities. Designate a kid-friendly space, and ask any teenaged relatives or friends to help entertain kids with a crafting project, outdoor time, or a move.
5. Have a back-up plan in place. Make a back-up plan for outdoor events just in case the weather doesn't cooperate. While you may not need this accommodation, you won't be worrying up until your wedding about the chance of rain.
6. Ensure guests have plenty of bathrooms. If you are planning on a big crowd, go ahead and rent a portable toilet for outdoor venues. This will curb people traipsing through your home or the venue to find the bathroom, and will accommodate a much-larger guest list.
7. Rent for two days, instead of one. If you are renting any party supplies or décor items, go ahead and spring for the two-day or longer rental, instead of hurrying to get items back on the same day as your event. This will allow everyone a break after your wedding before needing to pack up and return rented pieces.
8. Get yourself in the right mindset. Above all, remember that this is your big day. Don't let small details or snafus interfere with what should be a memorable occasion. Instead of worrying or fretting over things that don't go perfectly, snap a picture and maintain your sense of humor. You will likely laugh over these situations later!
Use these tips to lower your stress level and enjoy your wedding day! Talk with family and friends beforehand to solicit volunteers to help with some of these tactics, and to ensure your day goes off without a hitch!